The Winter Crisis Program provides financial assistance for household heating utilities in danger of being shut off and for the purchases of bulk fuels such as heating oil, propane, coal and wood. Households whose income fall below 175% of the federal poverty level are eligible for services. Eligible households, with less than a 10-day supply, may receive a one-time delivery of bulk fuel or propane valued at up to $900.00. Regulated utility customers may receive assistance up to $175.00 and unregulated utility customers may receive assistance up to $750.00 to prevent disconnection of service, restore service, transferring service, or establishing new service.
- Copies of most recent energy bills
- A list of all household members and proof of income for the last 30 days
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or legal residency for all household members; (Social Security Card and Birth Certificate)
- Proof of disability (if applicable);
- Documentation of fuel receipt if applying for fuel.
- Documentation of Food Stamp Assistance/Child Support (if applicable)
*Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are no longer accepting walk-ins. Please call to schedule an appointment.